Terms and Conditions
What follows are our standard event terms and conditions. Some may not be applicable to everyone, but please do take the time to read them.
Terms and Conditions
Walton on the Naze Classic Vehicle Show
Please read the following notes thoroughly before you sign your entry form.
The Walton Forum, the organisers hereinafter known as 'the Authority' reserve the right to refuse an application for entry without explanation. These conditions apply variously to exhibitors, trade stands and catering concessions.
Times of Opening: See appropriate event information sheet for details of opening times and set-up procedures. All units/exhibits must remain open for the duration of the event.
Warning: Please note that exhibitors are responsible for the security of their own staff, units and personal belongings and are liable to indemnify the Authority as detailed below.
1. Non-Compliance with Regulations: The Authority or it's agents have the power to order the removal of any article from the show ground, or to close the stand of any exhibitor who does not conform to the event regulations or the directions of officials or stewards, and if necessary to expel any such exhibitor or his representative from the show ground.
2. Applications: Ground space is available for the sale of goods, catering, demonstrations, entertainment, exhibition and display. The nature of exhibits and sale goods must be stated clearly on entry forms, no variation will be allowed after acceptance to the event without written approval of the Authority. The receipt of a cheque and an entry form does not constitute a contract with the Authority (sales, catering concessions). No booking will be deemed to exist or passes allocated until all fees have been paid in full.
3. Cancellation: Where an exhibitor withdraws from the event or cancels space reserved for any reason, all fees paid shall be forfeited, whether or not the space is re-let. Please note the Authority does not accept any liability for loss of earnings or costs incurred due to the cancellation of the event.
4. Insurance: The exhibitor shall effect and maintain at all times a policy of insurance with a reputable insurance company for Public Liability in the sum of not less than £2,000,000 (two million pounds) in respect of any claim and also an adequate sum in respect of Fire and Special Perils (and Employers Liability if applicable). The exhibitor shall at the request of the Authority produce evidence of such insurance and premium paid for it.
5. Indemnity: The exhibitor shall be fully responsible for and indemnify the Authority and keep the Authority indemnified against all claims proceeding costs and expenses arising from or in connection with the use of the site by the exhibitor or the exercise or purported exercise of any permission or right given by the Authority to use the site (except where the same is shown to have been caused by the Authority).
6. Electricity/Gas: There is no electricity available on the event ground. The use of properly silenced generators is permitted. Exhibitors must ensure any gas appliances have been recently examined and tested by a competent person, labelled to indicate examiners name and date of examination. All electrically powered equipment should be maintained in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
7. Traders Limitations: a) Charitable fund raising is not permitted on any stand which has not been granted permission by the Authority. b) Those traders selling articles that are not in accordance with their original application or trading without documented agreement from the Authority will be closed down/removed from the site, particularly balloons. c) No sub-letting of any portions of a traders site is allowed. d) Sales activities must be confined the the immediate vicinity of the stand. e) Sales of food and drink is limited to authorised catering concessions only. Small samples may be given away free of charge (for promotional purposes). f) Written permission must be gained from the Authority for the use of audio equipment to be used as part of an exhibit or stand. g) Exhibitors, traders and concessions must apply and pay for sufficient space for guy ropes, stays required for any building, tent, caravan (including A frame) to be erected. Stand boundaries will be marked and any trader/exhibitor occupying space beyond will be re-located or removed at the discretion of the Authority.
8. Caterers: All caterers must comply with Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995. Caterers must provide sufficient receptacles for littler and tidy up litter around the stand area at the end of the event. No electricity is available on site. The Authority reserves the right to refuse any application for catering concessions.
9. Nuisance: Exhibitors may not use any loudspeaker, engines, generators or other equipment, participate in any activity or practice, or sell or display any toxic, noxious or offensive substance, article or thing so as to cause nuisance, annoyance or distress to any other exhibitor or the public. The Authority's decision on such matters is final and binding.
10. Overhead Obstructions: Written permission must be gained from the Authority for flagpoles, structures or blimps over thirty feet in height.
11. Litter: Exhibitors are responsible at all times for keeping their stand and adjacent floor area free of litter.
12. Vehicle Parking: All vehicles not entered as classic display vehicles must be removed from the show ground before the advertised event start time. Non-classic support vehicles are liable for any parking charges that are applicable on the day of the event.
13. Vehicle Movements: All powered vehicle movement is prohibited during the advertised opening hours of the event (between 10.30am and 4.00pm). This is to protect the public, officials, stewards and exhibitors.
14. Safety: It is the responsibility of all traders and exhibitors to make themselves aware of the relevant regulations appertaining to their activities at the event. In addition the Authority draws your attention to the following which participants are required to comply with: Provide and maintain plant, equipment, systems or operations which are safe. Ensure the safe handling, storage, transport and use of substances and articles. Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as necessary to ensure health and safety of staff, yourself, members of the public and organisers. To co-operate fully with the Authority in the event in which you are participant to enable the Authority to comply with all relevant health and safety legislation. No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety. Report any hazards, problems or potential hazards that you become aware of to the Authority organising office. Fire precautions: all catering units must have 1 No.4.5kg dry powder fire extinguisher and fire blanket. All extinguishers must conform to BS5423, fire blankets to BS6575 and have been serviced within 12 months of event date. Accident reporting: During the event St. John Ambulance will be present on site and will attend to any person needing treatment. All accidents and injuries must be reported to the Authority organisers office immediately.
15. Food Hygiene: Where vendors provide food and refreshments, the Authority's Environmental Health officers may be asked to check any new food vendors premises (including mobile units) and may also check them on arrival and during the event.
16. Entry Forms: Any additional notes printed or shown on entry forms shall form part of these terms and conditions.
17. Advertisements in Official Programme: Whilst every effort will be made to fulfil advertisers requirements to their reasonable satisfaction, the Authority accepts no liability either directly or indirectly, expressed or implied, for any loss or damage arising from any error, inaccuracy or omission.
The Authority reserves the right to impose such additional regulations as it deems appropriate
to ensure the safety of all persons involved in or attending the event.
All queries relating to the above regulations or the actions of the Authority should be addressed to: The Walton Forum, 61 High Street, Walton on the Naze, Essex, CO14 8BD